TP170B color problem

Nor did I , but I never extended the capabilities of Protool - the limit of what I did was a bit of VB scripting .

As I mentioned a bit earler , I had a bit of time on my hands (was doing a bit more teach yourself VB) and I started messing around with the smart access server and the OPC server that is built in (if you have a license) - it is pretty impressive what the remote access service will allow you to do . You will also find that the area pointers under comms also allow you to do some quite smart stuff with life bits and hmi Status etc .

The "change plc" function in flex allows you to also change comms parameters for ethernet devices - though this is probably obvious.

How about ......

This is just a bit of a boring script that changes the screen title bar whenever the language is changed .

Dim sn
Dim LangVar

Set sn = HmiRuntime.Screens("OverView").ScreenItems("Screen Name")
Set LangVar = SmartTags("SetLanguage")

'English (United Kingdom)
If LangVar = 0 Then

If HmiRuntime.BaseScreenName = ("C57_07_Alarms") Then
sn.Text = "Alarm Overview"
End If

If HmiRuntime.BaseScreenName = ("C57_07_Batch_1") Then
sn.Text = "Batch Settings Page 1"
End If

If HmiRuntime.BaseScreenName = ("C57_07_Batch_2") Then
sn.Text = "Batch Settings Page 2"
End If

If HmiRuntime.BaseScreenName = ("C57_07_Component_Control_Process") Then
sn.Text = "Component Control"
End If

If HmiRuntime.BaseScreenName = ("C57_07_Damper_Arrangement_DZ") Then
sn.Text = "Drying Zones Damper Overview"
End If

If HmiRuntime.BaseScreenName = ("C57_07_Damper_Arrangement_OZ") Then
sn.Text = "Reordering Zones Damper Overview"
End If

If HmiRuntime.BaseScreenName = ("C57_07_Drying_Zones") Then
sn.Text = "Drying Zones Heater Overview"
End If

If HmiRuntime.BaseScreenName = ("C57_07_Engineering1") Then
sn.Text = "Engineering Settings"
End If

If HmiRuntime.BaseScreenName = ("C57_07_Group_Control1") Then
sn.Text = "Group Control"
End If

Just two small warning about scripts.

Dont expect to do a lot with scripts on the panels as opposed to scripts with RT on PCs. There is a limit to how many scripts are allowed and how big they can be. I dont remember the exact values. On the smallest panels you do not have scripts at all.

Also, Visual Basic Scripts is different for "regular" Windows and for Windows CE !
If you are accessing system functions, such as files or the time system or like that, then you cannot directly port between panels and PCs.

Just so you do not come back in 6 months time and say that you wasted a lot of time in it and it was a big disappointment. ;)

Siemens - a dissapointment ? never .

Yes , that is a valid point , but there are some useful things you can do , even on the CE panels -

I'll dig out some handywork , but I am sure there are many much more experienced people with this . Download the MP370 demo application and take a look at the scripts .

Hey

10BaseT are u married with siemens ? Heheh, just kidding.

I'm not gonna waste too much time on it, just interested in why u should use scripts, I never needed any script. In WinCC (scada) I needed some simple C scripts, but there ends my experience with scripts. The only thing I do in that C script is Set and Reset of a bit, hahaha :)

Kind of !

I went through the same phase that everyone goes through - random key strokes and mouse clicks , with tongue hanging out of the mouth , a bit of dribbling .

But after a while it becomes easier (or more familiar) , and I actually enjoy messing with it now . I have a 315 with ethernet card hidden in a cupboard , wireless networked , and a 314 , also with ethernet card , so I can fairly much simulate anything I want , including ethernet/profibus comms , without having to see the PLC , just by stiing at my desk - how is that for sad ?

I'm working on an iMAP job now - Siemens , totally integrated automation - sounds good doesn't it ?!? and I must confess that while the software is complete , the comms are reall getting on my wick - I have an MP370 , but there is also control via WinCC , and also inter PLC commands and responses .
As a for instance , I have a big DB that controls all my motor starts and stops , if a bit is set on the hmi , it is reset by the control block , however with this job , I have to copy from a profinet DB to the command DB , but only when a command is received , after the control block resets the command bit , then the entire DB has to be copied back to the profinet DB to reset the command from SCADA -
Only reason I am telling you this is because no one else will listen to my ramblings .