Transferring from PLC to Medoc problems

trev.andrews

Hey guys

Absolute newbie here so you must forgive me.

Trying to download a program at work from a Mitsubishi FX2N-1PG-E to Melsec Medoc on my laptop. Finally got the connections and port settings correct and the program will begin to download and say that it is 100% downloaded and then come up with the error message "Illegal Instruction Found". When you try to test the ladder, it is fine upto line 117 when the program just ends. Looking at the project lists, it says there are over a thousand lines but I cannot list the whole program or get past this line 117.

To put you in the picture, I'm trying to download and edit this program to increase throughput on a machine. It's a machine I inherited and do not even know the exact program that was used to program it. Is it likely that it could have been Melsec Medoc Plus? Is this the problem? It was programmed about 8-10 years ago to my knowledge.

I am desperate to kick start this project but I have hit a brick wall, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Any more info you need, I will provide if I can and if I understand what yr talking about!!

I apologise again for my inexperience

Trev

I've had problems in the past with the program not fully downloading due to comms problems (i.e. the program being corrupted during the download or upload phase).

Is it always line 117 that it gets stuck on after an upload?

It is unlikely an illegal instruction otherwise the PLC would throw a wobbler and the original programmer wouldn't have been able to download the program.

Thanks for such a speedy response, it doesn't seem to get stuck at all, it goes to download program and continues to 100%, then comes up with the illegal instruction found message, when I try to test the ladder it stops at line 118, because there is no line 118, and yes, I have tried to download twice, and it is the same both times, yet the machine is operational correctly, so I know the program itself isn't corrupt

Trev

is there an end statement for the last line?
- too long since I use Medoc.

the older PLCs did require the End Statement - I do not remember - I would put it in if there is an end function.

But the project list is saying there is over 1400 lines, but they do not display after line 116, so I cannot put an end statement in cos I can't see the rest of the program

I do not have Medoc any more.
I think I may be able to look at it - I have an Idea that it can be sucked into GX developer
Can you post a zipped copy of your program please

save your program in a ZIP format using Winrar or Winzip
then attach to a post

The model number is confusing me.

What is a FX2N-1PG-E or more exact - the 1PG-E part.

It is not a number I recognise.

But - I am sure that medoc was not meant for a FX2n.
So the bad instruction will probably be one that medoc does not understand but later software like GX-Deveolper will.

Have just tried downloading again with medoc version 2.4 as I was using 2.3 before and it gets to line 205 now before the ladder disappears so now I'm thinking you could be right, it may not be medoc at all, can someone point me in the right direction for gx developer?

Btw, the 1PG-E add-on is used with the base model FX1N-60MT, it's because the machine needs some very accurate positioning to function repeatedly.

Thanks, Trev