trending on a mp270B

An MP270 will buffer 999 samples. Sampling time interval can be set between 1 and 6553 seconds.

edit: That is if you use a realtime cyclic triggered trend type. Number of samples can be set under the tab Samples; Sampling interval must be set under Source settings.

Last edited:
WinCC Flex ?

I think you are talking in Protool ?

ssss.JPG

I don't know much about protool, I use wincc flex because it's a MP270B and MP277's that we use, MP270 without the B is indeed protool.

I putted there 3600 secs as you can see for all the trends, normally this panel should do this without a problem ?

The short trends for the last hour will be on this MP270B or MP277, and the long trends on an IFIX system connected to a Leancard (over ethernet).

I was refering to WinCC, not ProTool, but I can't seem to locate the MP270B in WinCC Flexible 2005. There's plenty of MP270's and MP277's but not a single MP270B. Maybe I need to update...

That is a good question.
I have MP270 and MP270B in Protool. There seems to be some differences in the number of available system keys. Apart from that I dont know what the difference is.
In WinCC Flexible the closest match is MP270 10" Key. It looks more like a MP270B than a MP270.

Combo, what is the type # of the panel ?

Just to make it clear:

-You need to specify how many sample you want per trend
-You also need to specify the time-interval (sampling rate) between these samplings

The time interval as shown in the above picture sets ONLY the viewable area. It does NOT set how long your trend will be 'buffered'. (how long your tag is 'trended')

Knowing this you need to figure out at which rate you want to sample. Every 2 secs (sampling rate) will mean you will ony get a trend of (2x999) 1998 seconds MAX.
If you select a sampling rate of 50 secs you will get (50x999) just over 13hrs of trending.

Sampling rate is selected where you select the 'trend-tag'.
Same with # of samples.

Note: You can configure the Time interval (in pic above) to show for only 2 hrs, but you can configure buttons to scroll trend forward and backward.

In your case you should select the time interval to 3600 secs
999 samples and a sampling rate of 4 secs. This will get you a little over 1 hr of trending.

hi

untitledddd.JPG

Knowing this you need to figure out at which rate you want to sample. Every 2 secs (sampling rate) will mean you will ony get a trend of (2x999) 1998 seconds MAX.
If you select a sampling rate of 50 secs you will get (50x999) just over 13hrs of trending.

So, it's standard on 100 samples, this means 99900s ? = more then 27hours trending ?

But, I have 11 trends in my project wiuth the same settings, couldn't this be a problem ?

And how far can I go with the samples ? I can set 999, what if I set 999 samples ?

999 x 999 ? 277 hours trending ???

Think there is some misinterpretation.

You have set your samples to 100. In the field 'Source settings' you select your tag AND you select the sampling rate. How many seconds between each sampling.

Trend-setting.jpg

In this picture you see I have selected 999 samples, with a sampling rate (pulse) of 50 sec. This will give me a trending of 999(samples)x50(sampling rate)=49959sec => just over 13 hrs.

Source Setting on...

Ok, I understand...

what's the max that we can trend without a hard disk in this mp270 ?

Trend Time

So

pulse is on 1.0 s. This means that every second there is a measurement

I tested ith samples on 600

so 600 samples = 600 x 1s = 600s / 60 = 10 minuts trending.

I need to set samples on 3600 so that I have measurement for the last hour

So samples = 3600 x 1s = 3600s / 60 / 60 = 1h trending

samm.JPG

Thanks Jeebs

But

But, samples can be set to 999, nothing more I see now,

so I divide 3600 by 5 3600 / 5 = 720 samples and multiply the pulse by 5 = 5.

So pulse = 5

samples = 720

720 x 5 (every 5 secs a trigger cycli) = 3600s trending

Time interval of the X Axis on 3600 also.

That would indeed give u a 1 hr trend.
More accurate trend would be 900 samples and 4sec interval.

Just remember, putting 720 samplepoints on a 640 pixel screen isn't going to be nice to view. I try to get max 300 sample points in the viewable area. (then use buttons F1 and F2 to scroll forward or backward)