trends on RSView ME

grisw

Hi everybody!! I just discover the site... I hope somebody can help me! I am wondering if it is possible to have a trend on RSView ME designed where I can configurate the pens while it is running! not just offline... please all suggestions are accepted thank you so much for your time!
Gris

Gris,

Yes, in the full RSVIEW32 (not RSView ME), you can do this. I do not know if the ME versio has this feature. Quote from the RSView Help file):

Trend (Pen Configuration)

Use a tag placeholder to mark where you want to insert a tag name at runtime. A tag placeholder is a cross-hatch character (#) followed by a number from 1 to 500. Tag placeholders let you create one display that you can use to represent a number of similar operations. At runtime you supply the tag names associated with the particular operation and these are used in place of the tag placeholders. You can also use the Tag Substitution menu option to replace tag placeholders.

To provide tag names at runtime:
Run a parameter file that lists the tag names in the order they are to be used.

or List the tag names in the command line when you give the display command.

For example, to run a display called Canning that has three tag placeholders, with the tags Pea_Weight, Pea_Level and Pea_Temp, you would type in the command line:

Display Canning /TPea_Weight,Pea_Level,Pea_Temp

Tag placeholders can also use folder names. For example, if there are two folders named Peas and Carrots, the graphic could contain the placeholders:

#1\Weight, #1\Level and #1\Temp

At runtime you can use Canning for Peas or Carrots by giving the command:

Display Canning /TPeas
or
Display Canning /TCarrots
So to change pens, use different "Displays", each with a different pen configuration, and call the one you need from the program, using on-screen switches controlled by the operator.

Best Regards,
Lancie

Last edited: