Trigger a **** reboot from PLC

afm

Hi all,

I use e won for my OPCUA to back up my PLC (B&R X20 system) data. Whenever e won does maintenance updates, I need to reboot the e won in order for my PLC to continue to backup. Currently, this is done via power cycling the machine, but is is hard to do with several machines in the field. I'm curious if I can trigger a reboot or soft reset via the communication I have between my PLC and e won with the IF2 port. Anyone have experience with this? Thanks!

Edit: didn't realize it was censored..

I have no experience with this :) but....
It depends on which e won you have, some have a scripting language and one of the commands is REBOOT. You could trigger the script in various ways.
Code:
https://developer.****.biz/system/files_force/rg-0006-01-en-basic-programming.pdf
replace **** with the banned word.
I would be interested in what you mean 'after a maintenance update' you need to reboot the e won.

Some have IO that you can use to enable and disable various functions, but it depends on why you have you have to reboot as to whether it might help.

Otherwise you probably need to contact tech support for this one.

how often does this occur?

is it possible to use a relay to power the e won that is controlled by the plc and reset the unit after x number of days?

how does the unit get updates???
all plc's should be off the internet with access to them using a firewall.

regards,
james