Tripper Programming Help

richleva

Hello,

I'm involved in the programming of a conveyor tripper.
For those who are not sure what this is.

See this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LI_Kgbr5kc4

This tripper will have 4 different locations to dump material.
We plan to use a 4 way selector switch for the operator to decide witch location the moving cart needs to dump

We're are using proximity sensors to detect the 4 different location, "we are not using encoders". These proximity sensors are installed on the moving cart and not at the different locations.

Example:

If the cart is at location 1 and the operator selects location 4. The cart must not stop at location 2 or 3. it must continue moving to location 4. I'm assuming we need to use counters and math instructions?

Can anyone assume or foresee any problems with this setup?
Or should we make the recommendation to have the sensors installed at the locations? would it facilitate the programming?

Can someone provide ideas or examples for the programming on this?

*We're using Micrologix 1400 and RSlogix
*And we are not using a VFD for the motor just a size 0 motor starter with a contactor.

If you are clever with the arrangement of your proxes and flags you can mount them so that any given prox can only detect a flag at the position it is intended to detect. One way would be to mount the proxes in a vertical line pointed at the traverse frame. Mount flags on the traverse frame so they only line up with the specific location proxes when they are at the correct location. Then you simply stop when the tripped prox and the selected location from the switch are active at the same time.

Keith