Troubleshoot on 1747-UIC converter

mmarinr

Hi guys!

Here is my annoying problem. Yesterday I used my 1747-UIC to download a program to a PV550. (1747-UIC SER A REV D FRN 1.3)

It "TIMED OUT" a couple of time before the transfer was completed. But in the end I managed to download the whole thing and I did just ok.

Today I found a tiny mistake on the program, so I went on to fix it and then download the new version, but this time the 1747-UIC won't even make the proper link.

When I plug into the USB port the OK light goes on, but the USB light never blinks as usual.

RSLinx won't recognize it and clearly, I can't correct the small issue on the program.

What do you guys think might be going on here? THANKS!

I did... I tried COM3, COM4 and COM5... None will work.

What seems strange to me is that usually as soon as I plugged the USB into the laptop, the USB light would start blinking, but now it just doesn't.

Last edited:
Yeah I did that... Plugged it into the 3 USB ports. Which were 3,4 and 5.

Then I went to RSLinx with every single port. But still won't work. :(

HMMM? I just don't think we are communicating.

Can you tell us what device manager says. Post a screen shot if you can. Like the one I posted above.

Mickey said:
HMMM? I just don't think we are communicating.

LOL... Mickey, this EXACT same thing happens to me every, every, everyday

The one thing that has helped is to tell them to unplug the cable... what COM port disappears? then that is the one you need to choose

That still does not work all the time :rolleyes:

i find that my 1747-uic can be very temperamental

usually after plugging it into the usb port and connecting the cable to the PLC, i go into rslinx driver setup and stop/start the driver

then i flick the rj45/db9 selector switch on the 1747-uic back and forth, then open the rswho browser and it will finally start communicating