Troubleshooting Komax machine

unsaint33

Our wire stripper machine (Komax Gamma 263 S) stopped working.

All kinds of fault messages...
* Short circuit on digital output on CPU2000 A1: OUT1..OUT16
* Short circuit on digital output on CPU2000 A1: OUT17..OUT32
* Short circuit on 24V inputs/outputs supply
* Drive unit: Swivel unit 1 Rotary motion servo Undervoltage in servo controller
* Drive unit: Swivel unit 1 Linear motion servo Short circuit at digital output of servo controller
* Drive unit: Swivel unit 1 Rotary motion servo Short circuit at digital output of servo controller

I noticed the 24V power supply status light was off (and no 24V output). I started removing output device wires from the power supply one at a time. I found that there are two wires that supply 24V to one of the servo drives "security" terminal block (komax acs204ak). When I removed the two wires, the power supply's green status light came back on (with good 24V output). I removed all other wires connected to the power supply and the servo drive but the only time the green status light comes back on is when I remove those two wires.

Here are my questions..
1. For a servo drive, does the term "security" refer to a safety circuit (gates, estop, STO, etc)?

2. I already pulled out the servo drive. Is there a good way to inspect the servo drive for internal damage?