Tuning PID for an exponential control

I suppose it could go either way. I figured valve position is the controlled variable, x, and flow is the result, y.

This would be a good time to mention that the curve is only good for one set of conditions. Specifically if fluid density, viscosity, upstream pressure, or downstream pressure vary then the curve will not be accurate. That is why a feedback loop is necessary.

How about creating a curve that is valve command vs position

Your PID loop would be outputing 0-100% of "requested flow".
If your PID was at 50%, you want 50% flow or 50% position of the valve. You could then use equeation with 50 as the input and come out with 80% command.

But like tom said, you must have a feedback loop.

Similar Topics

Hello, I am attempting to tune a PID loop on a process. The process involves a valve with electronic actuator that has quite a high deadband...
Replies
Views
so i have 4 25gpm wells feeding a 1000gal tank (T-1), with an additional 15gpm from a decant tank for 3hrs every 12hrs. P1 and P2 both controlled...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, yet another PID problem. I'm hoping I understand enough of the process I'm controlling that my request for help is reasonable. If a...
Replies
Views
A few months ago, I started to look into PID controllers and the tuning of first order processes. This has, partly thanks to you, resulted in a...
Replies
Views
I haven't had to tune a PID loop in a very long time. It's actually a PI loop for a pulse width modulation s.v. What was the name of that tuning...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom