UINT data type variable/tag

Hello,

It is possible to change form INT to UINT a variable data type?
For the moment, I receive the value -32766 (Local:6:I.Ch0Data) from analogue device (1769-IF4XOF2F/A), and I need to be positive, not with "-". I changed the wiring, but no succes. The settings for input configuration is 0V to 10 V (60 Hz, Raw/Proportional).
Someone have any idea? I cannot find to change data type to USINT on allen bradley...
Thanks

Usually integers use 16 bits. A signed integer uses the highest bit for +/- limiting the range of the integer to what the remaining 15 bits can represent.
You can AND the word with EFFF to ensure that the highest bit is always 0. This will make the value positive.

Hope this helps you out.
Regards,

Similar Topics

Hello all, I'm new to the programming world and have encountered an issue in RS 500. My situation goes like this. I have a tank stick bringing a...
Replies
Views
HI, I am trying to read a UINT 64 bit data(active energy parameter) from a PQA meter(WM5-96) over Modbus TCP into a GE PLC.I am able to read...
Replies
Views
I apologize for the basic question but I have read the documentation and searched online and I'm still not getting it... I want to convert UINT...
Replies
Views
I have a Compactlogix 5380. I am using the Modbus Client TCP IP Modbus Client to query a modicon 984. I am getting UINT from the Modicon into...
Replies
Views
I have a UDT with multiple elements that all show on the display perfectly using direct reference. For example I have the following instance on a...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom