Ultra3000 'home limit switch' from ControlLogix via Sercos

IPSI John

I'm having trouble figuring out how to have a limit switch that is an imput to the ControlLogix controller be the 'home limit switch' for the Ultra3000 via a Sercos link without hardwiring the switch to the drive. Any ideas on how this is done?

If you want to have a consistent home position for the axis, connect the sensor to the drive.

If consistency isn't too important or tolerance is loose....
  • enable the axis (MSO)
  • move slowly toward the sensor (MAM)
  • stop when the sensor is activated (MAS)
  • move more slowly in the opposite direction (MAM)
  • stop when sensor is deactivated (MAS)
  • execute MAH with axis set for passive immediate homing and empirically determined home position

Similar Topics

Good afternoon all, We have a carton machine with 7 Ultra3000 sercos drives controlling various servo motors. From what I understand, It has...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have an issue with one Ultra3000 servo drive. I command an 1326AB-B520E-S2L motor and after 30 min the drive goes to fault with the E22...
Replies
Views
Ok so first allow me to bow my head and say I'm a retired mechanical engineer and while I still have a few brain cells left there is something I...
Replies
Views
Anyone know what might cause this? All my other drives are working fine except this one. Sometimes I can start the drive, it'll run fur 5 seconds...
Replies
Views
Hey all, For a school project I've been tasked with getting a ControlLogix, Ultra3000 and some servos that were donated up and running...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom