Unable to convert HEX word to bits *Modicon Quantum*

Ilya

Hi!
I've got a problem.
There is a direct link method of communication between 2 Quantum PLCs.
PLC1 HEX word to PLC2 - OK, i.e. converting from word to bits in PLC2 is do right.
PLC2 HEX word to PLC1 - NOT OK,i.e. converting from word to bits in PLC1 is do wrong. Let me explain. There is a HEX word (for example 16#0002) on the input of the *WORD TO BIT* block, but there are NO active outputs of the block.
The configuration of *peer cop* of the both PLCs is equal.
Would you please tell me how can I solve this problem.

Thanks in advance.

Ilya Ragazinsky.

It is very hard to guess without actual program. What exact instruction used?
Try to copy source word to empty 4xxxxx and do it again,
Try to use a different destination.

Most likely your destiation or source overwritten by some data over instruction you can't see: some instructions used more than one register and search can't find this. What software used?

Check your PM

Alex

Thank you for reply, Contr_Conn.

I was trying to copy source word to empty 4xxxxx, also I was trying to use a different destination, but it doesn't work.

Please, check the attached screensavers.

What is PM I have to check?

PLC - CPU 534-14
Software - Concept 2.5 XL SR2

Ilya

signalfromplc2.jpg

In your example, the input to the WORD_TO_BIT command is a literal value (of 2 Hex) not a writable memory word, so the only output will be BIT 1.

If your first PLC is transmitting a HEX value into a memory word (such as 4xxx2) in the second PLC, no conversion is necessary to decode the bit pattern.

Last edited: