Unable to download program

technojuggler

Hi all,

I am ready with a small program to be downloaded onto a ML1100 PLC. I have set up RSLinx and using the RSLogix Micro Starter Lite edition to download the program. I have followed all necessary steps to download the prog yet unable to download it.

The error says " Configuring the setting directly to a LInx Gateway is not allowed. Add a new TCP driver ("Remote Devices via Linx Gateway") in RSLinx Classic, and then select you path through this driver. "

Any thoughts of what I am doing wrong?
My PLC is communicating on Ethernet/IP protocol which I confirmed by capturing some packets to and from the PLC with wireshark.

You need to configure a path and driver in RSLinx... are you using a PM02 cable or only Ethernet?

If you are using a PM02 cable see here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIu1AGUR4N8

If you are using only Ethernet you will need to use BootP (or others) and have to setup your Ethernet port on the PLC, that match the PC settings... once you have done this then make a program in RSLogix and make sure you have the same settings in the configuration section of the tree on the left

Once you are ready to download the program click on COMMS then System Comms then as stated in the video