Unconfigured I/O address

ceilingwalker

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello, again. I have written my first SLC500 program (5/03 processor) and when I ask it to verify, I get a whole list of errors displayed below and they say "unconfigured I/O address used". I have programmed other PLC's, just not AB's. Could someone tell me what i've done wrong? Thank you

In the left pane under I/O Configuration is where you describe to RSLogix 500 the system with its CPU, rack (if appropriate) and I/O modules. If the I/O is not shown in this configuration the 'accept' will complain about an input or output in the program which is not included in that setup.

In RSLogix500 in the project tree on the left hand side under controller (you might have to click the + to expand it) you will see IO configuration. This is where you configure what rack(s) you have and what IO cards are in each rack. Until you do this no memory is allocated for an IO image table.

edit: Bernie beat me to it once again. 🍻

I also tried to load it into my test plc and told me it couldn't download because of program errors. Thank you for the info. I really need SLC500 training!!!!

try uploading the file .. so someone can help identify the issues. Most likely it is an I/O module not correct.. include a list or your specific I/O modules.

usually you can read the I/O off the rack before you download the program. eg... under controller-io configuration- read io.

these should help you then
http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/gr/lg500-gr002_-en-p.pdf Rs Logix 500 getting results
http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/rm/1747-rm001_-en-p.pdf SLC 500 instruction set or reference manual
http://claymore.engineer.gvsu.edu/~jackh/books/plcs/pdf/ I also find this free book very handy there is a later version on the same site.
Its a PLC book that uses primarily the SLC instruction set.

The first book explains how to use RS logix and RS linx also factorytalk. The second is a listing and examples of the various instructions available.