Unconsistent download S7-1200 TIA V12 SP1

putiss

Hello,
I have a 1214 DC/DC/DC PLC with SW created by TIA V12 SP1. Project in laptop and SW in PLC are different - it means that some functions are different, but OB1s are the same. So my question is, can I do "unconsistent" download to PLC - only new function created by me and OB1??

When I tried this, TIA always offers me only consistent download - all FCs, FBs, OBs,...etc.

Thank you

Is your project one that you have made updates to and you wish to download them?

If you are not sure what the differences are and you haven't made any changes I would go the otherway (as long as the machine is actually running). I would upload the changes so your project matches.

At a very minimum backup the entire project some how prior to downloading. This way you have a C.Y.A to fall back on.

You should be able to do a detailed comparison and view what the differences are also.

Yes you can do it, just download the blocks changed.

I do agree with JOLTRON that you should back up what you have and figure out why your program doesn't match to start with.

I didn't know if the 1200's still had the limitation on number of blocks updated.

Early on you could download only the modified blocks as long as no more than 5 blocks (or something like that) were modified.

Thank you for your replies...

Basically it is easy job in case S7-300/400...just select OB1, my FC5 and download to PLC, but not in case f*ck TIA. My first idea was creat upload and, put my piece of code to that and download...but when I compiled this upload I have got alarm...TIA has encoutered problem and needs to close...and end!

The only way I think I've managed a partial/inconsistent download is to do an online/offline comparison, and then select the specific blocks I want to change.