upload from PLC to PC - Urgent

that is the one (this copy looks less wrinkled: http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=1863)

you still have many variables to wrestle with (home made cable, old software, usb converter), this is why i suggested trying original cable.

one thing to remember about the SC-09 diagram is that it's not very complete (power for ICs and RS232 driver capacitors not shown, chips are not identified although you seam to have that part figured out).

some guys have been (and occasionally still do) use MEDOC on Windows (by running it in a "Dos box") but if I recall there ware some issues and workarounds about the communication part...

Mitsu FX1N and sergei's cable

Hi guys,

Sergei's cable configuration worked out very well with my laptop, BF810 USB to serial cable and Melsec Medoc on a DOS window in Win XP. The setting used was 9600, 7 bit word length, Odd parity, 2 stop bits, station 0, COM 9.

As a spare 8 pin MINI sub DIN was not available I just used the existing 8 pin mini sub to RS422 cable of the machine and connected it to a 25 to 9 pin converter wired to handle the 5 pins and 1K resistor suggested by Sergei. The 9 pin was then connected through the USB-Serial cable to the laptop. Worked great. The ladder diagrams were transferred in a jiffy.

I discarded the wired up SC09 interface.

Persistence does pay.

Regds
Paul

BobB said:
I do not know if this is of any help but the Omron CP1, CJ1 and CS1 PLCs have a separate memory area for storing symbols/comments etc in the standard package. Check with Omron. I do not believe the comments take up any of the program memory.

Correct, Bob. There's a seperate comment/symbol memory. We're spoiled with Omron :nodi:

"one thing to remember about the SC-09 diagram is that it's not very complete (power for ICs and RS232 driver capacitors not shown).."

Dear Panic Mode,
Though I do not intend using the SC09 type interface after the success with Sergie's circuit, just for info's sake:
The MAX 202 can be replaced by Max 232 which is cheaper and common, not all the capacitors may be required as the circuit indicates a VCC of +5 Volts. The latter is derived directly from the PLC via the Mini sub Din 8 pin connector. (If interested one could rty the MAX203 which has inbuilt capacitors).

Sergie's circuit is also interesting in that while single ended communication between PLC and COM port is direct and well known, the circuit shows the essential lines when connecting differential ouputs (e.g.RS422) to the RS232. Just the RXD-, TXD- and 0 volt lines are to be connected, while RXD+ is held high at the RS422 end. I guess this line of thought can be applied in other situations too.

Hi guys,

Here's some more info that I forgot to put in.
1. The ladder comments do not get uploaded to Medoc from the PLC.
2. The run/stop switch must be ON for FX0N and OFF for FX1N when uploading from PLC to PC.
3. In case electrical isolation is required one incoporate optocouplers- though I have not done so.

Regds
Paul

faehigkeit1 said:
Hi Paul,
Mitsubishi tech support informed me the other day that using melse medoc on any windows based pc won't work. They said that it would appear asif it was working but that is all. I'v been working with an old F1 plc.
I feel your pain
Dean
I think Mitsubishi tech support are just playing it safe with you. I have successfully used Medoc under Windows 95 and Windows 98 on laptops with serial ports. (Some of this was done while working for Mitsubishi Electric as an applications engineer.) I haven't tried using Medoc on a later machine as my employers upgraded to GX developer while we were still using Win 98.

I recently used Allen-Bradley's PCIS for an SLC150 on an XP machine so I don't see why Medoc wouldn't work too. (I've even had Medoc running on a Linux box under DosEmu but not online, though.)

Tool Guy,
Your handle really should be "Sheriff of Nottingham" to be a closer match for your Avatar!:cool:

Last edited:
Lancie1 said:
Tool Guy,
Your handle really should be "Sheriff of Nottingham" to be a closer match for your Avatar!:cool:
Fair comment.

As an aside (and another attempt to prove I am an absolute mine of useless information), the office of Sherriff of Nottingham still exists. Sadly, in our city, guns are almost universally associated with street crime. The politically correct bullies have virtually driven sporting shooters underground. I can say with almost complete certainty that the current sherriff of Nottingham doesn't shoot a Ruger number 1 chambered in 375 holland and holland magnum.o_O