Upload Plc Programme

modijigish

We have a Extruder plant having AB micrologix plc and panelview MMI. I tried to get ladder from manufacturer. They doesn't have copy, Now I want to upload programme from plc. I bought RSlogix software for that. I don't know how to connect it to plc and MMI. I have pentium 4 pc. What other thing I need to upload or download programme. How to connect plc to computer. Pls. help me...

You will need RSLinx installed for communication to the Micrologix. RSLinx Lite should be on the installation disc with RSLoxig500 in case it is not already installed.

To connect to the micrologix, you will also need the correct cable.

There are four different Micrologix controllers, the ML1000, ML1100, ML1200 and ML1500.

1761-CBL-PM02 is the part number for the cable used with the ML1000 and I believe it will work with the other ones as well. Consult the manuals which are available at ab.com.

Also, the Panelview will require another piece of software and different cable. Is it a standard panelview or a panelview plus?

Once the specific models are known, we can be more specific about how to go about uploading the programs.

Thanks for guidence. I have RSlogix 500 installed. I don't have any experience with plc. I want to upload and keep copy as a back up. It might helpful in case need in future. It is micrologix 1100.

With this cable I can upload programme and save it?

Panelview is standard panelview. Can u guide me on it?

Thanks again

For the ML1100, according to the manual, the aforementioned cable will work. First, though, you should check to see what (if anything) is already connected to the little round mini-din connector.

For a PanelView Standard, you will need PanelBuilder32 software or, at the very least, the transfer utility.

What is the specific part number of the Panelview? There are a variety of different types with different methods of communications and the part number will tell us exactly what method to use next.

Also, with standard panelviews, the easiest method for transferring programs is via the compact flash card slot.

Links to manuals of interest to you:
PanelView Standard Operator Terminals User Manual
Micrologix 1100 Programmable Controllers User Manual
RSLinx Classic Getting Results Guide