>USB 2 COM adapter<working with Step7

We crossed over completely there!

No both the CP5611 and the MPI adapter are on the X1 Port. I wanted to keep the X2 Port completely free for the DP comms. It's the purple cable with the MPI adapter plugging into the piggyback connector in the MPI connector. Only the PC is normally connected to the MPI Port.

Its mystifies me that you dont know what the 317s port is set to (in one of the earlier posts).

It was more that I couldn't remember what was in what condition at what point. This is one of the problems with the PLC and the Internet PC being half a km apart! If you write everything down, it takes five times as long. If you only write down what you think is relevant, then sure as fate the next question concerns something that you didn't write down.

Just looking at your points 1) -> 3), despite the difficulty of remote diagnosis, if I hadn't got there myself, that would have done the job - very impressed!!! uragod

I am so glad that you succeeded.

Interestingly, the solutions to both your problems (with FM modules, and with the online connection) were principally the same - stop trying to locate an elusive bug - in stead reset the configuration (whether its a PLC program or a PC setup) and start all over (and with a fresh cup of coffee).
In many cases, its the fastest way to "solve" a problem.
The downside is that you will not really know what the cause of the problem was, but thats the way it is.