USB to Serial Adapters - I know this has been covered...

SNK

I have recently been given a new PC from our IS dept, without a serial port as many people have in the last year or two. I know that there are links to Rockwell tech notes, I have them. But I swear that people have said that the DF1 driver works. I have tried everything that I know of to fix this thing.
I have swapped the COM4 USB-SERIAL to COM1. Still nothing.
I have uninstalled, reinstalled....several times. I think it is working with the OS with no issues, but with serial devices, not.
I have a Toshiba TECRA A3X.
I have an unknown NEW USB to serial device.
I have tried connecting to a ML1000, a SLC500, a SLC5/04, all with no luck.
Is the B&B Electronics USB-Serial device that much different?
I am trying to make the IS dept understand that this is a serious issue for the maintenance personnel at this plant. They just don't seem to care.
Any help?

Rockwell have a 9300-USBS USB to seriel adaptor and there is a driver for the adaptor.
So I think that you have to talk with Rockwell support about you can get the driver and about it will work with you adaptor.

Attach pdf file with the 9300-USBS

Last edited:
I have use one from I/O Gear, but I had to make my computer so that it would not go to sleep or hybernate mode. If you computer went into one of the two modes it was a pain to get it working again. I would try to get the AB usb adapter, or tell you IT dept that you have got to have a computer with a built in serial port.

jjsscram

Throw away your "new unknown" USB to serial converter. Try throwing it away somewhere out of the office where nobody will try to recover it, like in a Sani-Kan or restaurant dumpster.

Then go buy a Keyspan 19HS. 100% of my customers who have these devices are pleased with their performance and compatibility both with RSLinx and everything else.