using rto in connected components

Mueller34

Hello,

I am new to playing around in connected components and using RTOs in general. My question is does the RTO instruction in ccw have a timer timing bit like the TONs and TOFs in rslogix? I'm guessing this is just the input bit?

Thanks,
Eli

Yes, well, [XIC input_bit] ANDed (in series with) [XIO rto.DN]

Or is that rto.Q, I forget?

rto.q would be the done bit. I just wasn't sure if ccw had a TT bit like in rslogix 500. the TON has the REDGE bit. Which I did find that the rto has the .IREDGE bit which is pretty much what i was looking for

rto.q would be the done bit. I just wasn't sure if ccw had a TT bit like in rslogix 500. the TON has the REDGE bit. Which I did find that the rto has the .IREDGE bit which is pretty much what i was looking for

I believe you have to make your own form of a TT bit in CCW.

I believe you have to make your own form of a TT bit in CCW.

+1

Cf. this link.

TL;DR

.IREDGE in CCW is the same as .EN in RSLogix 500.

There is no equivalent in CCW for .TT* in RSLogix 500.

* .TT is "Timer is Timing;" see this link and image below.

See also CCW Trend below demonstrating that .IREDGE is not analogous to .TT, because .IREDGE does become 0, like .TT does, when timer completes.

xxx.png

yyy.png

Last edited: