VFD Ethernet/IP Comm Issues

On the Communication tab for the MSG instruction, make sure to check the boxes for Connected [x] and for Cache Connections [x].

This could be a bug in the Lenze drive's "Unconnected Message Manager" feature. Quite a lot of third party vendors don't rigorously test their EtherNet/I P implementations.

It's been over a year since I used an SMV with the Ethernet/IP module, but I seem to remember needing to do some setup on the drive itself using the web browser based interface. Did you do that? Also, what are you trying to do with the MSG instruction? (forgive me if that's been stated already...) The implicit messaging setup means you can start, stop, and change speeds using the built-in tag structure. No need for explicit messaging.

Within my program, I send acceleration & deceleration times for the desired speed using the explicit messages. The other functions such as start, stop, forward, etc. I do use the implicate messages for. As far as the physical drive, I have configured all needed parameters.

However, before I left last week, I managed to look over the code and rewrote the messaging rungs so that acceleration time is sent first and then deceleration is sent after. This seemed to fix the connection problem I was having previously with my messages and program seems to be functioning as needed.

Interesting that the order made a difference. Thanks for the follow-up!

From what Ken had mentioned previously (and please do correct me if i am wrong Ken), its less about the order and more about the timing. Apparently the are some devices that have trouble handling more than one conversation at a time. And because the program previously had three messages sending as fast as possible at the same time, it was disrupting the connectivity to the drive through the messages and causing those messages to create the ER bit.

No Problem! (y)

LENZE SMV Ethernet/IP Comm Issues

Hello everyone,

I have a question regarding Lenze ETHERNET/IP parameters. which parameters are the most important to get the ethernet communication. I followed:

SMVector EtherNet/IP Communication Module Communications Interface Reference Guide

I followed this document but I am unable to start the motor.

Please if someone have any suggestion.

Hello everyone,

I have a question regarding Lenze ETHERNET/IP parameters. which parameters are the most important to get the ethernet communication. I followed:

SMVector EtherNet/IP Communication Module Communications Interface Reference Guide

I followed this document but I am unable to start the motor.

Please if someone have any suggestion.

Probably best to start a new thread/post in the main area.