Vipa / Siemens

userxyz

Hi,

In a new propject where I had very slow communication (HMI acting slow) I used an S7 315 2DP CPU.

I set the cycle load for communication on 30, then it was little better. The panel has no faster tags then 500ms. When I set the load to 15%, then profibus falls out !!!

I placed a Vipa, just as a test. Instead of 11ms cycle I had 1ms, maybe less, but simatic couldn't show less then 1ms.

And, guess what, the communication is very fast now.

For my new project I have to use a siemens 315 2PN/DP, Im a lttle affraid after seeing this...

Why do you set the (communication ?) load to 15% ?

Anyway, the 315-2PNDP should be faster than a 315-2DP.

You dont tell much about your PLC and HMI application. But my guess is that you have many tags, and maybe fragmented tags too.

In my latest project my HMI exchange approx 1000 words with a 315-2PNDP over ethernet, and I have 5-10 ms cycle time, with no problems whatsoever with the HMI.

Hi Jesper

Hi Jesper,

2 OP277 panels on profibus. 1,5Mbit/s

Many tags, indeed.

Well default is 20%, and I know that my pofibus didn't fall out when I even setted 15%, this was just for testing, now with the vipa it's on 30%, same as what I did with the siemens cpu.

The vipa has an ethernet port, I will connect my panels on ethernet and leave the profibus only for the drives and the festo devices.

I'm just shocked a little bit that a little tansform to Vipa did such things. I think Vipa is a CPU that had many redbulls. :unsure:

JesperMP said:
Why do you set the (communication ?) load to 15% ?

Anyway, the 315-2PNDP should be faster than a 315-2DP.

You dont tell much about your PLC and HMI application. But my guess is that you have many tags, and maybe fragmented tags too.

In my latest project my HMI exchange approx 1000 words with a 315-2PNDP over ethernet, and I have 5-10 ms cycle time, with no problems whatsoever with the HMI.

Combo said:
2 OP277 panels on profibus. 1,5Mbit/s

Call me old fashioned, or numnuts, or just plain weird. But I don't like seeing panels on profibus when you have a MPI port available.🤾

With the new PN CPU's it's best to put em on ethernet cause of the huge increase in bandwidth....