VM Player. Anyone have any trouble?

Chelton I am quite surprised you are having troubles with Omron software at all. My Dell XPS with the 17" hi res screen has dual boot - 7 x 64 bit and 7 x 32 bit. I normally run Omron CX-One straight in 64 bit with absolutely no problems using Ethernet, Omron USB/serial adaptor, serial cables, USB cables - even to the old LK201 interfaces - never had an issue. Perhaps it is the serial converter causing problems.

I have dual boot as Modscan is strictly 32 bit and Beijer Information Designer has real problems with the 64 bit OS. I have not tried ID inside a box at this stage but may in the future.

Chelton I am quite surprised you are having troubles with Omron software at all. My Dell XPS with the 17" hi res screen has dual boot - 7 x 64 bit and 7 x 32 bit. I normally run Omron CX-One straight in 64 bit with absolutely no problems using Ethernet, Omron USB/serial adaptor, serial cables, USB cables - even to the old LK201 interfaces - never had an issue. Perhaps it is the serial converter causing problems.

I have dual boot as Modscan is strictly 32 bit and Beijer Information Designer has real problems with the 64 bit OS. I have not tried ID inside a box at this stage but may in the future.

Bob,

I have a feeling it is the serial adaptor with windows 7 and omron, it works fine under winxp with VMware, I have used "clevo" laptops for years with no problems . I have tried different drivers for the keyspan serial adaptor but just can't get it to work? May need to purchase one of those omron units you swear by.