VPN CompactLogix error

I have disabled the firewalls on both PC's with no positive result.

If I need to forward ports on the server side, I can do this but I'm not sure which ones are used ( for the PC ). I opened 2222 and 44818 for CPX when the firewall is enabled.

#17 just lists IP addresses
this is not enough,
you need to post himachi configuration screens

I am not falimiar with himachi, you need to ask somebody else

I used native Windows NAT and NIC bridging

no, it was not vpn

it was bridging of two separate networks using pc, used to go online with logix, it did not involve vpn

GSS

Your main issue is that your hardwied NIC to the CPX is on a different logical network than your wireless card in the gateway laptop.

You said in a earlier post that the gateway side was configurable correct? If you give your hotspot modem a IP address in the same subnet as your CPX and NIC you should have comms assuming your wireless adapter in the gateway laptop is set for DHCP from the hotspot.

Change it and give it a try. Because of latency and the amount of hops when you ping from remote pc you may want to try a continious ping such as PING 198.168.50.20 -t for example. This will continue to ping until you hit Ctrl+C or it tims out on no connection.

You could setup a software router on the gateway pc but that requires very strong networking skill and more time than I can devote on the forum right now so let's just put both adapters in the same network to get you working.

Changed LAN of Hotspot to routable address 198.197.x.x, put hardwired NIC on same subnet as well as CPX. Also added hardwired NIC to Hamachi bridge. Works great and speed is excellant !