WAGO / Weidmuller Ethernet/IP IO for AB CompactLogix

69FIREBIRD

Hi team, has anyone been using WAGO or Weidmuller IO on Ethernet/IP?

Both parties say no problem, both have YouTube clips showing it being added to IO/ a project.

I want to try and ascertain if there are any gotchas/performance/maintenance issues people have experienced before committing.

I would be using Analog IO 4-20mA / 0-10V primarily so a little more raw config I'm guessing. I have existing AI/AO scaling and alarming blocks so really just looking to get the engineering units tied to those as I would with traditional AB IO.

Thanks.

I've used the Weidmueller UR20 line. The setup for the cards using the built in web browser is really easy. The data comes into the PLC as an array of INT's (or SINT's if you'd like but why?). The analog have two choices - S5 range and S7 range. So you'll be doing the scaling in your PLC logic, but that's easy enough.

You won't get the AB magic of doing everything from the project tree and scaling in the module. You'll also probably not be waiting until next year sometime for delivery.

How did you get on? We have a trial rig, and we cant get the data to work yet. We have a Compactlogix 5380 connected to a Weidmuller UR20-FBC-EIP, with 1 of each IO module DIN, DOUT, AIN, AOUT. Operation mode Block device (Default) works but we dont like the data format, trying Modular device (CIP bridging) but is faulted, and reports code 16#0126 Connection request error, invalid configuration size

Hi there, the Weidmuller IO w their Ethernet adaptor (UR20-FBC-EIP-V2) worked out really well! I liked the configuration via their web interface, import/export of their web tags etc and the option to force values via their web interface.

I set the sizing from SINT to INT to get it to map better into 16 bit.

Have done another project since and will probably opt to use while AB IO supply delays exist or I need to compete on price - the Weidmuller IO is cheaper and more versatile with respect to analog IO.

good luck.

Weidmuller IO Module Def.jpg

Ive used Wago and it was fine. You have to scale in an instruction.

I've never found a compelling reason NOT to scale in logic, even with AB I/O. If there is embedded scaling I'll scale it 4000 to 20000 for 4-20ma just as a trouble shooting tool and still scale to EU in logic.

I've used the Weidmueller UR20 line. The setup for the cards using the built in web browser is really easy. The data comes into the PLC as an array of INT's (or SINT's if you'd like but why?). The analog have two choices - S5 range and S7 range. So you'll be doing the scaling in your PLC logic, but that's easy enough.

You won't get the AB magic of doing everything from the project tree and scaling in the module. You'll also probably not be waiting until next year sometime for delivery.

Out of curiosity, how does your on the floor technicians adapt? Most times with AB, it's plug and play to replace a bad module. Having to configure via a web browser might prove problematic for some techs I deal with, sadly enough.

Hi,

I have a few WAGO 750-363 EthernetIP couplers with an Allen Bradley L33ER controller in an ongoing project and there is no problems with communication.

There is also a web based interface on the WAGO side where you can see your IO configuration and set it up on the Rockwell side.

In the project there are more than 20 PIDs and thermocouple connected to analog inputs. One advantage is that there are Add-On Instructions for the analog inputs WAGO modules that have everything prepared and you just have to map the IO to the function block.

Best Regards
Konstantin Kolev