WD30 wireless Devicenet on Controllogix

Eric-Klaasen

Hi all,

We installed an Omron WD30 wireless DeviceNet link to a remote I/O rack (Wago). The wireless link worked perfect when tested, but when installed in the plant, the radio signal was to weak so it was decided to install a relay station. However, it now appears that we need the Omron configuration software to configure the wireless master node to force it to use the relay station rather than trying to connect directly to the remote slave.
We use a ControlLogix PLC and RSNetworx configuration software to configure the DeviceNet. Can anyone tell me if this is possible, maybe by using the explicit messages or by changing the eds file?
I would be very grateful if anyone could help us.

Eric

Does the Omron EDS file include parameters to change the repeater-use feature, or does only the Omron software support configuration of this feature ?

Post a link to resources about the Omron device and we can all read along instead of independently searching. I spent about ten minutes Googling and only got data sheets.

Update: I found the EDS files and all the have is an Identity section, so all RSNetworx can do is add them to a scanlist. No parameters can be modified.

The only possibility I see besides getting the Omron configurator onsite is to get a reference manual that might describe the configuration Objects accessible via DeviceNet.

Last edited:
Here you go - the tools are FREE - a rarity these days.

The zip file will not attach - may be too big I do not know. It includes the tool, a read me file and a manual. PM me and I will send it to you.

Last edited:
I have manuals attached, but I am afraid that use of a relay station is not discussed in the WD30 Explicit messages section.
The manual only explains the use of the Omron DeviceNet configurator WS02-CFDC1-E. And even with that it seems that it is only possible to use this software with Omrons own PLC's.
If it was possible to connect that software via an EtherNet connection through the Controllogix PLC, I could consider purchasing it.

Last edited: