What are these connectors for? (AB MCC)

rankhornjp

Putting together a new MCC and these connectors are in the vertical raceways, but I don't know what the back side is connected to - P3 is going to an E300. This is the only one connected.

What are they for?

Thanks

20160607_153853.jpg

Last edited:
Just a short rant: We have had nothing but problems on a customers site with those ethernet AB MCC's. They've lost countless ethernet switches(there's one at the top of every MCC section), now they buy spares by the case. When you lose one switch, all the sections after it lose comms. They've also lost countless ports in the switches, so it's very common to go out there and move cables around hoping you still have an extra port that's good.

Rockwell came on site and said we have 480v power in the wireways to close to the low voltage 24vdc and in some sections to close to the switches at the top. Their answer was to move the 480v wiring to the far side of the wireways to get some seperation and help the issue.

The wires were separated approximately 12 months ago but the communication issues are still ongoing....

I hope you have better luck with your installation. I can't in good conscience recommend one of these ethernet MCC's. We will stick with basic discrete and analog control of MCC's unless a customer or engineer specs another ethernet one like this one was.

We've installed a lot of AB MCC's, I really like them and prefer them, just not the ethernet model.

Just a short rant: We have had nothing but problems on a customers site with those ethernet AB MCC's. They've lost countless ethernet switches(there's one at the top of every MCC section), now they buy spares by the case. When you lose one switch, all the sections after it lose comms. They've also lost countless ports in the switches, so it's very common to go out there and move cables around hoping you still have an extra port that's good.

Rockwell came on site and said we have 480v power in the wireways to close to the low voltage 24vdc and in some sections to close to the switches at the top. Their answer was to move the 480v wiring to the far side of the wireways to get some seperation and help the issue.

The wires were separated approximately 12 months ago but the communication issues are still ongoing....

I hope you have better luck with your installation. I can't in good conscience recommend one of these ethernet MCC's. We will stick with basic discrete and analog control of MCC's unless a customer or engineer specs another ethernet one like this one was.

We've installed a lot of AB MCC's, I really like them and prefer them, just not the ethernet model.

If you buy one put in your own seperate external LAN rack and run the 600v cat5 yourself. To many bad things happen with switches in buckets or wireways. Also put an online UPS on the external LAN rack.

If you buy one put in your own seperate external LAN rack and run the 600v cat5 yourself. To many bad things happen with switches in buckets or wireways. Also put an online UPS on the external LAN rack.

Thanks for the heads up. This is my first AB Ethernet MCC. I'll use both suggestions and hope we wont have too many problems.