1. Windows XP Pro.
2. Windows XP Pro SP2
3. Windows XP Pro SP3
4. Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition
5. Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition
6. Windows Server 2003 R2

???

Hi Boonzhoo,
I have had step 7 on all the XP pro versions and not found any issues with any of them, dont know about server versions sorry.

What is a operation system Best for Simatic step 7
1. Windows XP Pro.
2. Windows XP Pro SP2
3. Windows XP Pro SP3
4. Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition
5. Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition
6. Windows Server 2003 R2

???

I have my Step 7 on its own Windows partition on a dual boot Windows XP SP3 laptop. With Intouch/Rockwell/ and Step 7 all on the same partition, it was like Europe 1943.

nonuke,
jvdcande is quite right if you check your own link and follow it to the pdf file siemens allows you to download it states what we have said and that i have tried loading onto vista and it refuses to install telling me incompatability errors

like spell check always worth checking first.

RobImb:
"like spell check always worth checking first"
Please take a look at Siemens ID:8250891.
It says that as of Step 7 V5.4 Sp3 it works with Vista Ultimate and Business.The latest release is already Step 7 V5.4 Sp4.

RobImb:
"like spell check always worth checking first"
Please take a look at Siemens ID:8250891.
It says that as of Step 7 V5.4 Sp3 it works with Vista Ultimate and Business.The latest release is already Step 7 V5.4 Sp4.
You're correct, but it didn't stop working with Win XP Professional or Win 200 Profesional as you implied. I'm still running Step 7 V5.4 SP4 happily on a dozen Win XP machines without any issue whatsoever.

Kind regards,