What is the different between Allen Bradley Homing Types

amiraizat124

Active Homing
When the axis Homing Mode is configured as Active, the physical axis is first activated for servo operation. As part of this process, all other motion in process is canceled and appropriate status bits are cleared. The axis is then homed using the configured Home Sequence, which may be Immediate, Switch, Marker, or Switch-Marker. The latter three Home Sequences result in the axis being jogged in the configured Home Direction and then, after the position is re-defined based on detection of the home event, the axis is automatically moved to the configured Home Position

What is the different between Immediate, Switch, Marker, or Switch-Marker?

Immediate - the axis' current location is immediately set as the home position;

Switch - the axis is moved until the home switch input is triggered;

Marker - the axis is moved until marker pulse (Z pulse of encoder) is detected;

Switch-Marker - the axis is moved until the home switch input is triggered. Then the axis is moved until marker pulse is detected.

Immediate - the axis' current location is immediately set as the home position;

Switch - the axis is moved until the home switch input is triggered;

Marker - the axis is moved until marker pulse (Z pulse of encoder) is detected;

Switch-Marker - the axis is moved until the home switch input is triggered. Then the axis is moved until marker pulse is detected.
Thanks