What is the main difference between 1747-SN and 1747-BSN modules in AB.

siva_maddala

hello sir

welcome to the automation world. What is the main difference between 1747-SN and 1747-BSN modules in AB.If any one knows pleaae give reply.

thanks and regards
siva

The SN is a remote I/O scanner (SN). The BSN is a remote I/O backup scanner (BSN). Basically, if you are using redundant Slc 5/0X processors, the BSN allows the same functions of the SN but allows you to connect a second processor on the RIO link and have a failover situation.

Note that the BSN will only backup the remote I/O. 2 chassis each with a processor, and a BSN module. These are connected to remote I/O (a least one chassis with an ASB module and your I/O. They are also connected to each other via the HSSL connection on the front (high speed serail link) for failover communications.

Make sense?

Marc