What PLC is this file for?

technolog

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have a file which I'm hoping is for a Mitsubishi A172SHCPUN processor but I can't see how to open it in GX Developer V8.102G

The file is a zip file containing

csia1.PLC
csia2.PLC
InitCfg.ini
R200Secs1.dll
ToPLC.exe

Does anyone recognize what PLC this is for? If it IS for a Mitsubishi, how do I open it up in GX Developer?

Thanks in advance.

I would say they are not Mitsubishi from the old dos software the file names were Nam, Hdr, PRG, PRM
The later ones either a directory with GPPw.gps, gpa, ProjectDB.mdb etc. so I would definitely say they are not ones I know off, if it was some compatible software then in GXDeveloper you can import the following type gppq, gppa & FXGP files.

Just a thought, I seem to remember that *.plc may be siemens, cannot be sure but seem to remember seing it somewhere, however, I suppose there could be others that also use the extension *.plc

Hi, I have search (*.plc) into my nas source file... 33 years of this job with a lot of brand plc & more..
parky's thoughts are correct! for Mitsubishi and siemens
I found also similar .plc on archive in HMI ESA (Ms-DOS). but is binary file.
For siemens the file stay in project foder about step7 manager... is mixed binary information about hardware config or net pro... see image...but only with .plc file only in this case nothing gains.

Question? how many size is file? have you try to open with some editor ascii... maybe is some export from some brand.

1712950237212.png

The last 3 do not seem like part of a PLC program,

ToPLC.exe is a Windows executable, that is, a program
R200Secs1.dll is a dynamic Windows library that is most likely used by the executable.
InitCfg.ini is an old style configuration file, one of those used in Windows 3.1 times, probably also used by the executable

Try running ToPLC.exe to see what happens hehe.šŸ˜Ž

Although if it is an old 16-bit program it will not work on current Windows, you will have to try on a virtual machine running Windows XP or better earlier versiĆ³n, since XP was already starting to have problems with those old executables.

I opened the csia1.PLC using Notepad++ and the very first line was

PLCTYPE:A172SHCPUN

It transpires that the files are designed to download the code to the PLC from a PC. We're currently in discussion with the machine manufacturer to see exactly how this is achieved.

These files are surely a kit to reinstall the program(s) without having the Mitsubishi software installed, an ingenious solution from the installation company.

The executable name ToPLC.exe confirms this. It is a 16-bit windows program, probably from the late 90s or early 2000s.

We were sent the wrong software for our machine. The software we received was for (similar) machine with a PC as the operator interface. The software being designed to live on its desktop and give you the ability to get the PLC back up and running in the event that disaster should strike. Our machine has an HMI and our current solution is for the manufacturer to jump on our GX Developer laptop over TeamViewer and reload the software and get it working again.