What's the point of a unitary PLC?

Unitary: "unit-like", unit = one, therefore a "unitary" PLC (if there is such a thing) would be a controller that was all-inclusive in one package, a self-contained unit.

The authors for the course books and materials have to find some definitions to put it, but surely they realize that for a fast-changing field like PLCS, the definitions are obsolete almost before the books can be printed.

Last edited:

Similar Topics

Hi, I have some problem with View Point which I'm using to manual control of conveyors. On begin when in network was only PLC and HMI View Point...
Replies
Views
I have a bunch of tags in Historian/VantagePoint that off by one decimal point. I looked into the HMI displaying the same number, and the HMI is...
Replies
Views
Good morning, I have a Emerson/GE PLC with Cimplicity SCADA. I need to export data of a specific point/object to a CSV file and load the CSV file...
Replies
Views
Dear We are working in AB Studio 5000 and the drive is a PowerFlex 755T. For this project I need to control a conveyor to a certain set point...
Replies
Views
Hello colleagues Anybody knows, what could be the best or a better option to bring with you when you are in service at factory to connect via...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom