When FT 8.00 restore runtime application, Issue happen

suboliu

Recently, I fresh install Win10 system, and install FT studio 8:00. when I use its Application Manager Restore runtime application to Restore a runtime file( custom gave me) then display '' unable to load ActiveX for display Datalog, Cause: ME Datastore plus newer file version required" see figure 1

I run Validate, then result display the Patch Files were Up to data, see figure 2
The results see Excel figure3

How to fix this problem?
I appreciate with any help !

figure1, 2, 3 see attach

1.png 2.png 3-1.jpg 3-2.jpg 3-3.jpg

Last edited:
Typically, if a runtime were made for version version N, you could restore it in version N, even if it were edited in a newer version. With the exception of when ActiveX controls are being used. When ActiveX controls are used, you essentially bind that application to the version that it was last edited in, or newer.

So someone edits the application in version 12, makes the runtime for version 8. Then you restore the runtime with version 8, you can't because the ActiveX control binds the version to 12. You can now only restore it with version 12 or newer.

Edit: KB BF5472 has the "solution". Edit it in the newer version, or have someone delete the activex controls using the newer version, make the runtime for v8 so that you can restore it, you add them back in, then repeat the cycle when someone else edits is in the newer version.

Last edited:
Thank you, dmroeder
you are right, I make sense!

This is a silly software limitation that shouldn't exist. You should at least be able to restore the application. I set out to make a tool to patch the MER file but haven't had the time to commit to finding the right bytes in the file.