why cant I do a basic search of forum topics

68x30

I was wanting to search through the forum for a topic that I know has been discussed in the past. everytime I try to search it sends me to the upgrade page. Do I have to upgrate my membership to do a search?

The notice about the paid membership says that with them the Google search is available. Otherwise the 'search' function on the menu bar should be available. If that does not work then Phil will need to know.

I think the google search bar is visible and probably hooks to the paying member page, but it is not as good as Phil's search anyway. That's the one you should have to pay for. I am pretty sure it's there for non paying members.

I like the advanced search if I can remember a name of someone involved I can specify that or a date range.

A little off topic, but the membership fee is peanuts when you consider the huge resource of talent this forum connects you with. I went to a paid membership one day because Ken Roach gave me an answer to an issue that saved me about a days worth of my time. Some of the guys on here should have a donate button under their header to allow for direct compensation. The membership here was some of the best money I have ever spent. And the best part about it was that I wasn't required to spend it.

Look on the blue banner right above the Google Search. The banner that has links that say Profile FAQ Calendar Downloads PLC Reviews PLC.net
Store New Posts Search...

...right there, click that search link. Under Advanced Search you can search for keywords in titles, posts, and by users and for specific date ranges.

I know this will seem strange but I've been using the regular forum Search Button for so many years that I never even noticed the Google Search Button.

the membership fee is peanuts when you consider the huge resource of talent this forum connects you with.
It makes me feel guilty about all the free knowledge I get here! I often think about making an anonymous donation, I have even gone as far to buy Phil's books for others.

It makes me feel guilty about all the free knowledge I get here! I often think about making an anonymous donation, I have even gone as far to buy Phil's books for others.

That is a great idea.

I can say, even with the Lifetime, if Phil ever asked, I would gladly give more.

I think a donation button under peoples names so they could be directly compensated is a good idea. Although it might go against the altruistic nature of the forums.

I like it but, I would be donating several people their beer money.... the problem I see

When I have a bad idea or just flat out wrong do people click on the 'pay me' button (next to the donate button) and I have to pay everyone ?

Man... I would be even more broke ;)