why cant I do a basic search of forum topics

We could have a "rep" or a "thanks" button instead. Forgetting the money side.

I'm not sure what software this forum runs on but I know other forums like phpBB and ikonboard (if its still going) used to have bolt-ons that would allow this.

It's basically just an additional field associated with every user that increments on the press of a "Thanks" button that appears under every post (next to the 'quote' 'quick reply' buttons).

Although, saying all that, if it ain't broke why fix it... ;-)

We could have a "rep" or a "thanks" button instead. Forgetting the money side.

Agree... that would be nice, then you can have 'post' and 'thanks' numbers

Example, I would have 3,327 post and 1 thank you ;) (I know I had to help someone)

Now Bernie would have 4,163 post and 4,000 thank you's

It would be a nice way to judge how full of **** you are :)

Only issue I see with the "rating" and "reputation" thing is I have noticed on other sites that have this that some start to become obsessed with it. You get the "please remember to click the I helped you button".

In some ways that is kind of what I enjoy about this forum. Those of us that hang out here a lot know who the power houses are. We don't need a stat count to tell us that. Everyone is kind of all treated equally regardless.

I know I was the one that mentioned the "dontate" button but it was more so a tip of the hat than it was a real suggestion. I'd hate to see some people in here begging to be paid after trying to help you with something they don't themselves understand.

The "for the good of the community" atmosphere in here is too good to mess with.

I think a donation button under peoples names so they could be directly compensated is a good idea. Although it might go against the altruistic nature of the forums.

I actually like that idea.
Connect to Paypal account, donate to your favorites, debit those who waste your time! 🔨