Why does Siemens have to be such a *****?

In your first post you did say that the compiler complained
“The F-library "Distributed Safety (V1)" could not be
found. Please reinstall "S7 Distributed Safety."

So it could be that your software is too new (!?).
(I dont know about this, just guessing).
What does Installed Software inform in the older working PC ?

Safety program was written 6 years ago. I'm sure there's definitely a compatibility problem. But having installed distributed safety twice, I don't remember any manual options regarding backward compatibility.

If I could get the hardware catalogue to update on the old PC, I'd just use that. Would I get any issues installing a V3.0 card using V2.0 setup?

The old computer has step 7 5.4 on it, the HW update might not include the CP module. The new computer is V5.5. Some modules are only supported in newer versions.
The distributed safety seems to show the same versions.
As a shot in the dark - there is a distributed safety license on the new PC?
Also, if you check the Libraries in Step 7 - Are the Distributed safety there? Which versions? I think there is V1 and V1.1 ?

The old computer has step 7 5.4 on it, the HW update might not include the CP module. The new computer is V5.5. Some modules are only supported in newer versions.
The distributed safety seems to show the same versions.
As a shot in the dark - there is a distributed safety license on the new PC?
Also, if you check the Libraries in Step 7 - Are the Distributed safety there? Which versions? I think there is V1 and V1.1 ?

Definitely a distributed safety licence on it. Certain parts of the program are not accessible without it (as I found out when I had to come in for a breakdown at 9pm). Got the licence updated the next day.

Wow....is it true that there is a PLC vendor out there that is worse to deal with than Rockwell?

I spent 2 days with installing, licensing, etc. on my AB stuff when I had to get a new laptop.

Dave

I don't believe this. I just ran the Distributed safety installation again. This time it took about 30 seconds. Did a save and compile, it updated something in the blocks, and now all sweet. Which brings me back to my original question. Why does Siemens have to be such a b!tch?

Why does Siemens have to be such a b!tch?

They are just making you feel good.... now that its working and you got it, look how good you feel :)

Just helped a customer today that has been working on a driver issue for two days (blue screen of death), its working now and man is he happy :)

If it worked right out of the box you would of never know how good this could of made you feel 🍻

Worse, if it was easy and intuitive everyone could in principle do your job.
Because it is hard and a bit mysterious, your job is safe. And people consider you to be a wizard. Win-win. ;)