Why pay for PLC programming software?

As I expected to be... You just USE software that someone else bought (company), you are not buyers. From that position, it's not fair to tell anyone else what to do, buy or not..., or to judge anyone...

Steve Bailey just told you, He is only worker in hes company, eg self-employed. He surely pays it from hes own pocket in sense that, its that much less he can pay for himself. Point being, he can be in business even tough he pays for the licences.

As I see it, it is fairly simple. If you can do with a simpler system and free software: be happy about it. If you need a big system with all possible options and extensive support: pay for it. But in all cases: stop wining. And don't turn to piracy.

Kind regards,
Amen

n lev :)I hate fake moralism...Next they will say it that they have ONLY DVD-ROMs in their PCs, they NEVER burned CD, all mp3, avi, vob they have at disks, it ALL payed... :)

Don%27t%20feed%20the%20troll.jpg

Originally posted by Homer_BL:

From that position, it's not fair to tell anyone else what to do, buy or not..

I don't see where anyone has been judging you. In fact, on more than one occasion posters have said you should buy what you want. What posters are doing is questioning the validity of some of your points and trying to explain differing distribution models.

For example, you have posted that can buy a PC that is fully loaded and ready to go. You state the software is free. But, again, it's not. It's rolled into the cost of the computer. In fact, I can't go to my local electronics store and buy that PC without software if I so choose and save the money on all that stuff I don't need. So in that case I buy the PC, wipe the hard drive and install what I want. In that model I just contributed money to pay for someone else's software. Just because Microsoft has a monopolous relationship with PC assemblers doesn't mean the software is free.

And even that example only applies to stuff like Word and Excel Media Player in bundle packages. The PLC equivalent to Windows comes preloaded on the plc.

Keith

...You state the software is free...

I never said that software was free, all I said that PC is ready to be used, having only OS installed. This is not case with PLC. Once you pay for a PLC, you can do NOTHING witout paying again for SW.

n lev you laugh too much at letter "t" I missed, so I am affraid dmroeder will stop feeding you too. :)
I always laugh a lot. I'm just generally a very positive person :) Even when someone insists PC software is free because you get it with computer even after at least 3 people already explained that it is included in the price of hardware :)