Widest accepted plc

Thanks to everyone kind enough to ansver. It gives me a pretty good idea what to suggest to my boss.
Thanks again !

I work in the Automotive Industry in the US.
The vast majority of the PLCs that I see and work on are Allen Bradley. The Japanese manufacturers usually use Mitsubishi though.
I see some Modicon, GE Fanuc, and Siemens as well.

I spent 8 years doing robotic automation in the semiconductor industry and found GE & Mitsubishi to be big players in that field. Mitsubishi was mostly found in the japanese owned fabs. Since the slump in semi I've moved to hydraulics and find A-B & Siemens to be prevelant. I really miss the ease of use. I find Siemens to be especially dificult to use, everything takes twice the work to do almost what you want. I do like the reusable function blocks though.

Well in Israel as you maybe konw we are very small country about New-Jersy land and population but we expose to all the world .We are siting in kind of junction so we
have the influence of Japan Europe and USA
In the bottom line we have all.What it meter who sale the most

Omron are controling the market of small PLCs (up to 250 I/O)
A-B doing well in the big systemes.
Modicon have good reputation but bad service.
Siemens ,the most of the systems who coming from Europe comming with
Siemens unless we demand for different brand.
All the rest divided by G-E IDEC .......Koyo...

My personal preference is Omron in small systems and A-B in large systems.

To BobB. Thanks for the info that NHP are into integration using Hitachi PLCs. A reasonable amount of my income is derived from pulling out Hitachis (and dropping them in the bin) and replacing them with something decent. Job opportunities just keep arising. Regards Alan Case

I am not too happy about either of the "systems integration" houses Alan Case.
I went to quote on a job for a switch board builder some time ago and was quite happy to use the specified PLC/SCADA systems(lot of lunches there), but wanted to pull out some of the communications units and 1 computer. Fancy having a computer and modem just to have a communications bridge from outside. The sales/systems integration company had the PLC/SCADA removed from the board builders scope of works and had it awarded to themselves.
NOT A HAPPY CHAPPY!!!!
:mad:

It happens when they have a large sales force in the field and the customer believes what they are told. I once used a SCADA system sold by one the said companies which needed some upgrading after about 5 years. The person who actually sold it to me said "XXXX I don't think I have heard of that brand, where did you say you got it" Totally unsupported because they moved onto something with a better profit margin. That was one for the bin and a Citect system went in.
I now only deal with companies that will support their equipment long term, and are not just resellers of obscurely branded imported products.
Regards Alan