WinCC 7.4 Scada connection with Multi branded PLC's

rahul.p

Hi,

I am working on a project in which, we have a requirement to connect multiple PLC's with WinCC scada.

The scenario is that we have multi branded PLC's like Siemens , Allenbradley On Ethernet/IP and GE PLC on Modbus TCP/IP.

With IE Softnet bundled with Siemens WinCC , could have 8 connections.

And with IE hardnet license(which has to be licensed seperately) can have 60 connections.

Now My questions are as follows,

1.Are these 60 connections only meant to connect with siemens S7 PLC. Or can we add connections with Allenbradley / GE PLC on Ethernet/IP or Modbus TCP/IP?

2.Do we need to have any seperate license under WinCC/SimaticNet other than IE hardnet to have a connections with Allenbradley or GE PLC?

3.Is there any limitation on the number of third party PLC connections?

Are there anybody here, who has already done similar configurations.?if yes, it would be very helpful if you could share some info on the same here!!

Thanks in advance