WinCC Flex - Runtime user administration

kike

Hello,

I have a small problem with WinCC Flex Runtime users configuration.

I deleted administrator group of Admin user that was in the project by default settings (it appears grey, not black). I tried to generate the project but an error appeared:

Error : The RT user 'Admin' is not assigned to a valid RT group.

I tried to create the same RT group again but it is not as the previous one because it is not grey, and I can´t assign Admin user to new administrator RT group.

I can come back to a project stored some weeks ago but I will lose a lot of work that I have done, so I am asking for some help.

Any help is wellcome. Thanks.

Thanks Jesper for your reply.

I have tried that but it doesn´t recognize as "default RT group" and I cannot assign Admin user to copied group.

It should be a way to say that a group is a default group but I don´t know how. Maybe it is WinCC mistake and we have to live with it ........

Hi again.

I just tried a few things.
Now you are talking about the Administrator group in the Project, not in Runtime ?
In the Project, the administrator group cannot be deleted. The delete function is greyed out.
In the Runtime you can add and remove users, but not groups.
So somehow you have done something shouldnt be possible.
Not much help I am afraid.

Hi Jesper,

I am talking all the time about the project, not about running it in Runtime. Sorry about this misunderstanding.

I have a project in WinCC Flex 2007 that it is not made myself. It is a reference for what I am working. The old project has users and groups that I don´t want to use because I have a key (PLC input) for access permission. That is why I delete all "group authorizations", all "groups" and all "users". "Administrator" group was greyed but I delete it with delete in the keyboard. "Admin" user, I couldn´t delete so I let it as it was. I saved it and I tried to generate, but a message appeared:

Error : The RT user 'Admin' is not assigned to a valid RT group.

So then I tried to copy/paste "Administrator" group from the old project but is showed as new one, it is not greyed and I cannot assign Admin user to this group.

I also tried to copy/paste "Admin" user, but also is displayed as new user, not greyed.

And now I have a project that I cannot generate. I can come back to the old version and start again, but it means pretty work so I am asking for some help.

"Administrator" group was greyed but I delete it with delete in the keyboard.
I also tried that but couldnt. Somehow you have done the impossible.

You may have to copy the modifications from the latest version to the version where the Administrator group is intact. This is not such a big deal as you can copy-paste between projects. You may still have to tidy up in the end.

Another option is to send the project to Siemens so they can fix it.

Also in the oldest version of this project I can delete Admnistrator group, and if I copy from it, doesn´t recognize as default one and I can´t assign Admin user to the copied group.

I will look for a project where I can´t delete Administrator group and try to copy from it. Let me try...