WinCC scada and Unitronics PLC

tometrajkov

I have existing project with WinCC scada which communicate with 10 simatic S7 300 PLCs. I need to connect this scada with 5 more PLCs Unitronics visio. Could somebody help me how to do this. Unitronics visio support UniOPC server. Also it support modbus protocol and DDE server. WinCC also support modbus, but only for modicon PLC. Can I use the same modbus for unitronics. If somebody done this before (modbus, OPC or DDE), please send me example how to do this.
Thanks in advance
Tometrajkov

If there is an OPC server for Unitronics, then it is definitely the easiest way to go.
Use Unitronics documentation to setup the OPC server.
Test the OPC server with an OPC test client (i.e. Siemens OPC Scout).
Use Siemens documentation to connect WinCC as OPC client to an OPC server.
And you are done.

(I dont have specific experience with Unitronics.)