WinCC server possibilities

hilos

Hello everyone!
I have a question about Siemens WinCC as Server. Could I foreseen 3 servers to work redundant, for example?
Thank you all for your time!

I saw that to, JesperMP, but it isn't clear enough for me. This is sentence from that web page:
"In addition to using the WinCC/Redundancy option for running two servers in parallel, it is possible in a WinCC application to also implement redundant communication channels to the SIMATIC S7 controller. You do this by installing two communication modules and implementing duplicate communication paths (communication software S7-REDCONNECT needed). By using H-series SIMATIC S7 controllers, you can, if required, additionally increase availability at the control level. By combining system solutions, you can create a security concept that meets even the most demanding requirements."
First, this is explanation just for 2 servers, but could I get one or two more, if I had to;
Second, do I have to use some additional modules or just some additional software, like they mentioned S7-REDCONNECT, and is that expensive.
Third, I saw somewhere that I need to use some module CP 343-1 Lean to put S7-300 on the ethernet, first, and then to connect to my switch where servers are.
I hope you understand my issue?
Greatings!

S7-REDCONNECT is for making a redundant connection between WinCC and redundant S7 PLCs. One license costs ~1500 €. You need 2 licenses if you have 2 WinCC servers.

I am not the big expert on redundancy with Siemens, but I am fairly certain that redundancy is always in pairs. If you need several servers (why really ?) that are all redundant then that means each server must be setup as 2 stations with redundancy.

I think you should contact Siemens and explain them your exact needs, and let them put a solution together for you.

edit:
Third, I saw somewhere that I need to use some module CP 343-1 Lean to put S7-300 on the ethernet, first, and then to connect to my switch where servers are.
I dont understand what you are asking about here. Generally I dont recommend to use CP343-1 (LEAN or regular). An S7-300 CPU with integrated PN port will be same price and much more performant.
If you need redundancy on the controller level, then you should go for S7-400H. There is a software option for S7-300, but it has a very low performance and isnt that much cheaper than S7-400H when everything is added together.

Last edited:
Well, Mr. Jesper, I've just posted block scheme of my system. Is this configuration possible?
Two servers, WinCC, has to work on redundancy and if for some reason both of them crashes, PLCs send data to FTP servers installed on PC. When one of them come back, can FTP server communicate with WinCC server?
That's my issue!

On some block schemes on Siemens site, they draw server with 2 lines coming to it, one from industrial ethernet and one for regular ethernet for monitoring and control, but doesn't show where physically to connect that, like I need 2 different networks to do that, can anyone explain that to me.

I am not the super expert on WinCC v7.
I use use WinCC Flexible and WinCC v12 Advanced.
So I think your task is possible, but if I were you I would ask Siemens directly.

About the FTP data storage, I would simply run this in parallel irrespective if the WinCC Stations are running or not.

Btw, the central switch means you dont have redundancy, even if you have setup a ring. If the switch goes down, both WinCC servers goes down and the FTP server.