WinCC V12 Script to change tag value

JDCROCKETT724

I am trying to write a script that will change an internal tag in the HMI. I am having no luck on getting this to work. Does anyone have any insight on how to do this. I have found code that involves a "write" command, but that does not appear to be present in WinCC V12.

I have found that to change a value you simply put in:
HmiRuntime.SmartTags("TEST_BOOL")=True

However I can only get this to work in a fresh test application I created. It does not work in my application I have created for my machine. Does anyone know why it would work in one application and not another?????? o_O

I think situations like this is what the "Compile (Rebuild All)" option is for. It means the compiler starts from scratch to rebuild everything, instead of just compiling the changes. Not sure if it would have helped your case specifically, but I've seen it fix some similar errors.