Windows 11 with RSLogix

Anecdotally, I've had no issue so far running Logix500 (or 5000) on Windows 11. The big thing to me is that if something doesn't work (or if something breaks), Rockwell can just say it's not officially supported so it's not their problem.

I'm running RSLogix 500 on Windows 11 ARM with no issues.

Also running RSLogix 5 and almost every version of RSLogix 5000/Studio 5000. Some of them were harder than others to get going, but RSLogix 500 just worked right out of the box.

I'm running RSLogix 500 on Windows 11 ARM with no issues.

Also running RSLogix 5 and almost every version of RSLogix 5000/Studio 5000. Some of them were harder than others to get going, but RSLogix 500 just worked right out of the box.

Any performance issues or anything? What are you running Windows 11 ARM on? Macbook?

Edit: I just remembered your earlier thread. I followed it pretty closely.

Last edited:
Any performance issues or anything? What are you running Windows 11 ARM on? Macbook?

Edit: I just remembered your earlier thread. I followed it pretty closely.
Yep, MacBook Pro. Been running a good couple of years now and still very fast and reliable. Have migrated a few other colleagues to them as well.

Their FAQ (which you have to login to view) says: "No compatible versions at this time."

Sign In

But unofficially, I don't see why it wouldn't work, but you should have version 12 if you want to try.
2 reasons companies say this...
They do not want to support issues with obsolete software on new OS.
They want you to upgrade.

Their FAQ (which you have to login to view) says: "No compatible versions at this time."

Sign In

But unofficially, I don't see why it wouldn't work, but you should have version 12 if you want to try.
I can't access the list I tried creating a new account(as I don't have one already) on rockwell but I keep getting error. I have windows and Rxlinx 2.42 which I came to know is not supported. I want to download the version which supports windows 11 but I can't make an account so I can't even download the vesrion that works for me. Can someone help me out ? I need the rxlinx for using rx500

If you don't have licensing, you'll only be able to download rslinx lite. Why are you not able to create a Rockwell sign in? It's a simple process of entering an email and some profile info. Noone here is going to send you rockwell software.

I tried creating the account once again today and guess what it was created. I stayed up last night trying to create it but it won't create me an account and just threw an error at my face for 5 hours straight. Can you please suggest the version that I should download for Rxlinx, emulate and rs500

I'm running version 4.20 and able to use all families of RSLogix as well as RSLogix Emulate 500. I'm still on Windows 10. Several coworkers are set up the same way on Windows 11.

rant on: I, too, hate the new layer of fluff Windows 11 has added to every freaking thing I need to find, like network settings to set a static IP address. Just a minute ago, I was remote accessing a client PC to copy a file and got lost trying to find the right click menu "Copy" command in their windoze 11. Everything has to be a effin symbol now. I install Classic Shell on every win10 or win11 PC I touch just to hide all the boolchit on the "Start" (getting distracted by netflix and x-box) menu. /rant

Last edited: