Windows 7 and 1747-UIC

Thanks for the offer, but unfortunately we can only purchase from certain suppliers.

I've ordered a few 1747-UICs and will make up some straight through ethernet leads missing out pins 3 & 6 to give me the 1747-C13 cable, hopefully.

Pinouts should be (i think!) :-

Yes I think 3 is the one that got you... see Mickey's http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showpost.php?p=208063&postcount=2

I also have 1747-C13 cables, I can be that certain suppier also :) http://www.ind-concepts.com/Allen_Bradley_PLC_Cables.htm

Happy Holidays!!

Got the new 1747-UIC, connected up using correct lead and cannot access PLC - yet can do via an XP laptop.

When I try to bring up RSLinx to select or configure the DF1 driver it doesn't appear (RSLinx that is).

Yet in task manager it appears to be running!

Consequently, I cannot configure the driver. Yet I was able to run RSLinx previously!

Any ideas? Have rebooted the machine without success.

RSLinx Classic Lite 2.57 running on a Windows 7 64 bit machine

Last edited:
Set up RSLinx as an application rather than a service - no idea how it got changed and can connect ok.

Sometimes I have to stop / start the driver in RSLinx to reconnect - no idea why?

Did you buy one of mine or AB's ?

One thing that I noticed... you say DF1 driver, you should be using UIC driver, update your RSLinx software to 2.54 or newer if you have a older version

If you bought my cable then look on the CD for the procedure, if you bought AB's then you can find the procedure on our website

Had no choice but to buy from AB. I thought you used the DF1 driver if running under Windows 7. Running Linx 2.57

Seems to be working - made a lead and didn't connect pins 3 & 6

Just looked back and it looks like you are using 64 Bit... so yes you are correct you need to use the DF1 driver

How about another application run and trying to use the same com port? my 64 bit stays connected also running 2.57, maybe its the cable ;)

I can connect and disconnect and it always uses COM 8. No other application running. Just occasionally it simply will not connect and the only option is to stop / start the driver in RSLinx.

Cable is a straight through with pins 3 & 6 missing - has been tested and proved to be ok.

I have had similar problems when using my 1203-USB, if it gets disconnected when I am using it I cannot reconnect, so what I normally do is change the com port to another one and then go back to the correct port this seems to re find the 1203-USB, I tried stopping and re starting but it does not always work for me.

Alan

Just occasionally it simply will not connect and the only option is to stop / start the driver in RSLinx..

99% of the time when this happens its because you are starting RSLinx to fast, open your device mananger and click on ports.... then plug in your cable, it can take up to a minute for your PC to load the cable to the port, if you open RSLinx before the cable is loaded it will have a port conflict and you must stop then restart the driver.

W7 will look for an update everytime you plug the cable in, you can change and skip it but default is to search

If you wait a little bit before you start RSLinx I am sure you will not have any issues