Windows 7 and 1747-UIC

You could try the drivers here. This appears to be the people that make them. I would guess that you probably need the D2XX drivers. Maybe download them both and see if either will work.

Downloaded the D2XX driver and it installed successfully, although it had an exclaimation mark next to it in device manager.

Updated driver again and once more successfully installed but this time without the exclaimation mark and the USB light on the 1747-UIC is now on!

Will try to connect to a PLC and feed back.

Hopefully, it will work!

Thanks for your help
Steve

Tried to connect to the PLC without success.

On plugging the 1747-UIC into the laptop the USB lit and was set on COM8. Checked in RSLinx but only the laptop could be seen NOT the PLC. Confirmed that the driver was set up for COM8.

Started RSLogix 500 but as suspected, it could not go online.

What is the part number of the processor you are connecting to? What cable are you using to connect the UIC to the processor and is the dip switch set to the cable that you are using?

Processor : 1747-L532C/D 5/03 CPU - 16K Mem. OS302
Dip switch : Set to RS485 (DH485)
Cable : Cat5e Crossover

I've just read on another thread that it could be that it needs to use a straight through ethernet lead rather than crossover, which I will try.

Tried a straight through cable but unable to see or access the PLC.

What appears to be happening is that when I plug in the 1747-UIC to the laptop & processor the DH485 light flashes but the USB is out. When I fire up RSLogix 500 and try to communicate with the processor, the USB light comes on but the DH485 light goes out!

Cable : Cat5e Crossover

I've just read on another thread that it could be that it needs to use a straight through ethernet lead rather than crossover, which I will try.

The bad news.... I am 99% sure you just smoked the 1747-UIC and it will never work again

The CPU's have 24v on the port if you use a cross over cable you will send 24 volts to the UIC and they run on 5

This is the reason I attached the 1747-C13 to our aftermarket cables

Seems like the 1747-UIC is smoked! Can't access with the XP laptop either. Will order a few more and try again!

Steve,

We sell aftermarket UIC's the C13 is molded into the cable so that will not happen... if you need one let me know, I give discount to plctalk.net members, not a ton but I can save you a few bucks

Best regards
Mark

Thanks for the offer, but unfortunately we can only purchase from certain suppliers.

I've ordered a few 1747-UICs and will make up some straight through ethernet leads missing out pins 3 & 6 to give me the 1747-C13 cable, hopefully.

Pinouts should be (i think!) :-

1 RED CH. B TX/RC 1 TOP​
2 BLACK CH. A TX/RC 2​
3 BROWN +24 VDC 3 **​
4 WHITE SIGNAL GND 4​
5 BLUE TX-EN 5​
6 DRAIN EARTH GND 6 **​
7 GREEN SIGNAL GND 7​
8 ORANGE +24 VDC 8 BOTTOM