WINtelligent Linx

glideratio

Hi all,
I'm looking for an old "WINtelligent Linx ver 5.0.4" software,
does anyone have it ?

Thanks
regards

I think your going to have a problem finding those disks. They where from ICOM (which later became part of Rockwell Software) in the early 1990s. Call Rockwell, but i think they wouldn't even have a copy.

What stuff do you have that is using it. Must be time for an upgrade!

You're going to need to find an RA office or make nice with Technical Support, and they're going to have to dig deep into the archives. WinLinx hasn't been on the "RSRevs" CD's for at least 12 years.

I have a copy

My whole system has crashed I have this Wintelligent Linx 5.00.04. Can anyone tell me if this is what was used to run RSview32. I have an old paging system that has lost its license and all the guys who set this up are retired. Anyone know if I can pull a license from these to make RSview work? AB claims my serial number never existed. Yikes!!

severe16, welcome to the PLCTalk forum community !

This thread was mostly 9 years dormant, so ideally start a new thread for your new request or question. Go to the main PLCTalk.net Q&A page, and click the green "Start A New Thread" button. Include as much detail as you can.

WinLinx has been obsolete for literally decades; it was written for Windows 3.1 and was supplanted by RSLinx in the Windows 95/98 era.

An old diskette-based activation for WinLinx could have been one component of your old HMI/[paging software system, but I can't guess if it used "direct drivers", or the Linx API. WinLinx was a DDE server, but I genuinely don't know if it ever supported OPC.