WINtelligent VIEW questions

sparkytex

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have a problem with an Amp readout from one of our secondary treatment blowers on the Winview HMI. I've never used winview to search for plc address's before, only Wonderware. What i normally do on wonderware is double-click on the readout icon in window maker i want to look at and find which plc and address the Tag is from, then search the plc to see whats happening. How in the hell do i do this in WINtelligent View??

so i figured out how to find which address and PLC the "tag" is from, simply by double lcicking.....DUHHH!!!
we have 4 blowers for our secondary treatment which any one blower can be running at a time and others shut off. Each blower has its own amp readout on the Wintelligent View and also theres a total amperage readout for all 4 blowers. What I didnt realize is Winview is set up to do the scaling in the program, the PLC does not scale the data. I find this a bit odd, why not use the PLC to scale then just send the data to Winview. The total amperage readout is set up in Winview to ADD all 4 blower amperages together using the scaling formula on Winview. Problem with this is if any other of the blowers is reading 0 then it screws the whole formula by actusally subtracting off the other blowers. I dont know who set this up but its a really strange way of doing things. here's the formula

p: Air-1, F8:4, (blower1)
Q: Air-2, F8:4, (blower2)
R: Air-3, F8:4, (blower3)
S: Air-4, F8:4, (blower4)

actual formula as shown on winvew

(P-4)*30.86+(Q-4)*30.86+(R-4)*30.86+(S-4)*30.86 - This would only work if all 4 blowers were online and the
data coming into the F8:4 address's were above zero would
it not??!!

right now the total amperage readout is in the minus because only one blower is online and reading 262 amps. The question/problem was why is it in the minus.

Last edited: