Wintelligent View

unsaint33

We have an old punch press machine. Many years ago (probably around 1990) a machine builder called Steelcase Inc (currently not in machinebuilder business) had installed a recipe system; a Rockwell software suite called Wintelligent (Wintelligent View & Wintelligent Linx) in a Windows XP desktop computer. At some point the install files got lost.

So if the windows XP computer dies, the whole punch press loses an ability of recipe selection. I called Rockwell with the serial numbers of the software but they no longer have the install files.

Am I totally SOL?

IMG_20220223_101935979.jpg IMG_20220223_101824442_HDR.jpg

Yeah that or use VMware, then it wouldn't matter what type of pc you are using provided you have all the correct com ports on the newer pc. VMWare is my go to

I have a few old systems like that which I have created VMWare Virtual Machines using physical-to-virtual migration. I think VMWare has recently reinstated their vCenter Converter utility, which we relied on.

Getting Windows correctly licensed on the VMs has always been a pain; I haven't done it in years so I'm not certain what the modern methods are. We used to buy "aftermarket OEM licenses" when that loophole existed.

Like it or not, electronic systems don't last forever. I would create a cold physical duplicate of the hard drive itself, and an archive image of the hard drive (we use Acronis), and also do a P2V migration to VMWare.