Wiring AC Drive to PLC with digital

You are posting on a thread from 4 years ago. Which posting leads you to believe that you can hook 110V (AC I presume) I/O directly to a drive which requires 24VDC I/O? Interposing relays would absolutely be needed.

mirror,

It's not too difficult to start a new thread instead of opening one that's almost four years old.

Archie's explanation was for a PLC with 24 VDC outputs connected directly to a VFD. Yours is a PLC with 110 VAC outputs. If you connect them directly to a VFD with 24 VDC inputs you'll let all of the smoke out of the VFD's control board.

To have the PLC control the run, forward/reverse commands to the drive, you'll need to use interposing relays with 110 VAC coils if you stick with the 110 VAC PLC outputs. Use a contact from the relay to switch the 24 VDC signal to the VFD. Alternatively, you could use a PLC with relay contact outputs.

If you want to have the VFD report discrete data back to the PLC, you'll need to have the VFD outputs connected to interposing relays with 24 VDC coils and use a contact from the relay switch the 110 VAC signal to the PLC input module.